Translate

Sunday 10 February 2013

Crystalline Beauty and the Colours of the Rainbow

This is the beauty that I woke up to this morning.  The Hoar Frost was unbelievable and my camera on my phone didn't come close capturing the majesty of the rising sun reflecting through the branches of the trees encased in crystalline icy lace.



.... I need a better camera.... and the skills to go with it, lol!


The wild grape vines on the fence by the rail road tracks were almost  like some bizarre special effect from a fantasy movie.



But THIS  is what I really wanted to capture.....


 Do you see the Rainbow in the clouds?

..... Ok, so I went back outside after uploading the first batch of photos and this is the unbelievable sight that said hello as I walked out the door....

......... How about this rainbow?  Can you see this one?



Or this one?


I have lived in this city for over 3 years.  I have lived in this house for 7 months.  In all that time I've never seen rainbows like this.  Yet, for the past 5 weeks I have woken up to these rainbows at least 2-3 times a week right over my house.  And when the clouds are just right, as the sun rises over the houses next door, I have seen the clouds light up in the most incredible colours- magenta, turquoise, neon green and yellow, bright orange and violet.

..... I see them and stand there locked in an almost paralysis of awe.... and yet the rest of the neighbourhood goes about their daily routine as if there is nothing even remotely interesting in bright pink, purple and green clouds.

I'm now making sure I have my phone with me at all times, so as soon as it happens again, I'll take photos and we'll see if what I'm seeing is just me seeing it.... or if it's just a matter that the rest of the neighbourhood is so locked within their box that they don't think to look up and see the beauty around them.





No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.