Translate

Wednesday 26 August 2015

Stillness in the Storm: RIP Julian Robles

It was with deep sadness that I woke up this morning to the news that Julian Robles, partner of Justin Deschamps at Stillness in the Storm, passing on to the next adventure.  I got to know Justin and Julian in Aouchtam Morocco on our wild roller coaster ride. 

The first time I really met Julian was our second night in Aouchtam.... on the beach for a wintery bonfire, and we discovered that we were both equally pyromaniacs, lol.....  Justin, Julian and I spent the evening laughing and trying to fine fuel on a woodless beach to keep the fire burning!! Julian and I may not have always agreed on shit, but we had some good laughs....



love d


R.I.P. Jovan Julian Robles | "Because we know the truth, it is up to us to be the change"


I am sad and heavy hearted as I write this. Earlier today Jovan Julian Robles, my partner in life and the one who opened my eyes and many others, passed away today. He was a loving and compassionate man filled with dreams of a better world and a keen awareness that we were the ones to make it happen. All who came to know him could see the kindness in his heart. He was devoted to helping others, and we both worked tirelessly, on this blog and elsewhere, to do what we could to make this world a better place.

Related Julian's Health Decline | Stillness in the Storm Announcements

We brought him to he hospital last night and he seemed to be getting better. I left at 1:00am and he was happy and resting peacefully. Despite being on anti-clotting agents, his heart stopped at around 10:50am and the hospital staff tried to revive him for over an hours. I was able to be by his side and encourage him to come back for most of that time. I said I love you and that no matter what happens I'll continue to stand for truth and serve others. Just after 12:00pm they stopped the life support and he passed away.

I honestly don't know how I will continue to do the work of this blog without his help. He was a true partner, and helped make Stillness in the Storm what it is today. He had a constant drive to find the best information for empowering others. He had a take no 'shit from anyone' warrior spirit and refused to consent to tyranny whenever possible.

We met in 2009 while I was still deeply hidden from the world. It was his encouragement that caused me to come out and begin living my life openly. That choice was such a huge transformation in my life, and I am forever grateful to him for that. It was Julian who found the Gerson Miracle documentary on netflix in 2010 and insisted that we watch it, which was our red pill moment. Everything since then, all our research, discussion and activism has been hand in hand.
After researching for 6 months he had a moment of revelation and burst into tears. He realized back then that because we knew the truth we were the ones to make a difference and that it was up to us to help show others. All our work since then has been under that guiding light of hope and loving service.

We followed our passion by creating this blog and doing more work to help be the change. It was Julian's encouragement that pushed us to go and visit others, eventually leading us to Morocco. And it was his encouragement that brought us back to the US in May of this year, telling me we needed to come home and continue the work in a bigger way. He was always looking to reach more people and touch more hearts with all he was.

Continue reading HERE on SITSS

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.